Cheesemas Tree - 12 Recipes of Christmas
Day 5 of our 12 Recipes of Christmas special.
Servings 6 - 8
- 1 (9 inches) floral foam cone
- 4 ounces fresh bay leaves
- 4 ounces fresh rosemary sprigs
- 8 ounces Keystone Farm's Havarti cheese
- 8 ounces of (cherry-sized balls) Keystone Farm's Fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 16 ounces of Italian whole green olives, drained
- Red and green frilled toothpicks
- 16 ounces assorted herbed cheese. We have a variety at Keystone Farm's Cheese -
- Garlic Herb Jack
- Dill Havarti
- Ghost Pepper Jack
- Habanero Jack
- Veggie Pepper Jack
- Morel and Leek Jack
- Basil Muenster
- Black Truffle Goat
- Mango Fire Cheddar
- Chipotle Cheddar
- Scorpion Cheddar and more.
- Soak the floral cone in water for 10 minutes. Place on a serving tray. Cover the base of the cone with a mix of bay leaves and rosemary sprigs, securing each by sticking the stem into the cone.
- Cut half of your choice of herbed cheese into 1/2-inch thick slices. Cut slices with a star-shaped cookie cutter, using the handle of a small spoon to press and release cheese from cutter at star points..
- Cut the and havarti into 1/2-inch square cubes. Drain mozzarella balls.
- Thread cheese, tomatoes and olives on toothpicks to create an assortment, adding 2 to 3 of each per toothpick. Rotate cheese, tomatoes and olives near the frill top of each toothpick for variety.
- Place toothpicks into cone, ensuring the entire base is covered. Tuck remaining bay leaves in cone. (Save any remaining herbs for a different recipe.)
The more colorful the cheese, the prettier the tree will be. Choose flavored cheeses or ones with herb rinds for even more color.
Remember to adjust your ingredients according to the number of family or guests, and send us your pictures at @keystonefarmcheese to be featured on our Instagram. We'd really love that!
Leave a comment