Let’s get cracking at making some lip smacking Cider-Butterkase Baked Chicken Wings. Don’t forget to tag us in the pictures when you upload them on Instagram :) The preparation time for this dish would be around 30 minutes and the portions mentioned below would give you 6-8 servings.
Gather these ingredients before you start...
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup dry hard apple cider
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 4 ounces Saxon Snowfields Butterkäse Style cheese, shredded (1 cup)
Now, that you’ve got all your ingredients, let’s get right into the process…
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and place a greased wire rack on an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels. Cut wings through joints into three sections; discard wing tips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange wings in a single layer on the rack. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in meat reads 165°F.
- Meanwhile, bring the apple cider, hard apple cider, Worcestershire sauce and honey to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to about 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth; stir into cider mixture. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Toss wings with 1/4 cup sauce in a large bowl. Return the wings to the pan. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle wings with butterkäse. Broil for 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Serve with remaining sauce.