Holiday Cheese Ball Wreath - 12 Recipes of Christmas
Day 9 of our 12 Recipes of Christmas special.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) Cream Cheese, softened
- 16 ounces shredded (4 cups) Keystone Farms White Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bunch fresh dill, snipped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons Aleppo chile pepper flakes or paprika
- Fresh currants, optional
- Assorted cracker
- Beat the cream cheese, cheddar and butter in a large bowl until blended. Add apricot jam and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place 7 teaspoonfuls cheddar mixture onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; scoop or spoon the remaining mixture by tablespoonfuls onto prepared pan. Shape cheddar mixture into balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place the dill, fresh parsley, dried parsley and chile pepper flakes into separate shallow bowls. Divide the larger balls into thirds. Roll a third of the balls into dill; roll a third of the balls into fresh parsley; and roll the remaining balls into dried parsley. Roll the smaller balls into chile pepper flakes.
- Arrange the larger balls into a wreath shape on a serving platter. Top with smaller balls and currants if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers.
Aged cheddar is crumbly and creamy with a rich, nutty flavor that becomes increasingly sharp and complex with age. Keystone Farms Two is a little sharper in flavor than their nine month cheddar.
Remember to adjust your ingredients according to the number of family or guests, and send us your pictures at @keystonefarmcheese to be featured on our Instagram. We'd really love that!
Leave a comment