Day 8 of our 12 Recipes of Christmas special
If you're looking for a quick starter - this is the right one. It's easy to make, light and vegetarian. The amalgamation of mushroom, pesto and cheese is a beautiful medley of flavors.
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Makes 2 dozen mushrooms
- 24 large fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/3 cup stirred pesto
- 2 cups Keystone Farms Asiago cheese, finely shredded
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place mushrooms stem side down on an ungreased 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Transfer mushrooms stem side down to paper towels to cool. Wipe out the pan.
- Meanwhile, drain or pat (with paper towel) pesto to remove any excess oil. Combine asiago and pesto in a medium bowl.
- Return mushrooms stem side up to the pan; fill with asiago mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted.