Day 2 of our 12 Recipes of Christmas special.
Almost too cute to eat - this dish is a hit among kids and adults alike. I mean, look at their little faces, so perfectly in theme for the season. The cheddar melting on the roast beef is everything! We have 21 varieties of Cheddar cheese available at Keystone Farms Cheese, out of which most of them are a match made in heaven for this recipe.
Cooking Time- 40 minutes
Makes 12 sliders
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 12 mini pretzel buns, split and toasted
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 8 ounces Keystone Farms Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- Pretzel twists, halved
- Black peppercorns or ripe olive pieces
- Ripe olives, halved
- Maraschino cherry
- Combine mayonnaise and cherry preserves in a bowl. Spread mayonnaise mixture on bottoms and tops of buns.
- Place bun bottoms on a 17 x 11-inch baking pan. Top with roast beef and cheddar. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace bun tops.
- Poke pretzels in tops for antlers. Cut out small circles from cheddar for eyes. Dot cheddar with mayonnaise; attach peppercorns for pupils. Pipe mayonnaise on bun tops; place eyes. Thread olives and cherry on toothpicks; attach for noses.
Cheesemonger TipKeystone Farm's cheddar is a semi-hard cheese —it’s a true Wisconsin favorite. Forgo the wine with this one! Pair it with brats, sandwiches and beer instead.Remember to adjust your ingredients according to the number of family or guests, and send us your pictures at @keystonefarmcheese to be featured on our Instagram. We'd really love that!