Day 10 of our 12 Recipes of Christmas special.
Servings 30 Tartlets
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 medium pears, cored and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 ounces (1 cup) Keystone Farms Havarti cheese, diced
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- Fresh thyme leaves
Heat oven to 350°F.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pears, cinnamon, cloves and ginger; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until pears are just softened.
Stir in brown sugar. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes longer or until mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from the heat. Cool. Stir in havarti.
Place tart shells on an ungreased 15 x 10-inch baking pan; fill with havarti mixture. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with thyme. Serve warm.
Havarti is a semi-soft, Danish-style cheese with a washed curd. It’s mild, buttery and creamy with tiny, irregular eyes or holes. A wonderful melting and table cheese—it pairs well with Riesling wine or a pilsner.
Remember to adjust your ingredients according to the number of family or guests, and send us your pictures at @keystonefarmcheese to be featured on our Instagram. We'd really love that!